Kindergarten to Year 6
You need to apply to enrol your children in school for 2022 if they are:
- starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2022
- starting Pre-Primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2022
- changing schools.
Enrolment requirements differ from school to school. Brookman PS is a local-intake school with a defined boundary as described in the local intake tab. Families who reside within the local-intake area are guaranteed enrolment for their children in the compulsory years of schooling (PP to Year 6). Children whose usual place of residence is not in the local-intake area are accommodated where possible but acceptance is at the principal’s discretion. Parents are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, even if the child is of compulsory schools age and is guaranteed a place in the school. This will assist us with planning for the following year.
Kindergarten – Applications for enrolment for Kindergarten are accepted during the year prior to the child commencing. The closing date for first round offers is on the first Friday in July of Term 3. Applications may still be made after this date and will be considered on a case by case basis, in accordance with the Department of Education’s Enrolment Policy which can be found at http://www.det.wa.edu.au/policies.
Pre Primary – Pre-Primary is the first year of compulsory school. Every child of Pre-Primary age is required to attend school and is guaranteed a place at their local school. To enrol, your child must be five years old by 30 June in the year they attend Pre-Primary.
If your child is currently attending our Kindergarten but you live outside of our local intake area, you will need to re-enrol them in Pre-Primary for next year.
If your child is currently enrolled in our Kindergarten, you live within our local intake area and you plan to stay at that school for Pre-Primary, you don’t need to re-enrol.
To enrol your child at Brookman Primary School you will need to complete the Online Application form along with your child’s supporting documentation.
These documents may be uploaded or scanned to include:
- Birth Certificate or extract or other identity documents;
- Immunisation History Statement obtained through Medicare.
- Proof of address (One document consisting of either lease agreement, rates notice, utilities bill, driver’s licence or statutory declaration);
- Copies of Family Court or any other court orders (if applicable);
- Information relating to health or medical condition, disability or additional needs (if applicable);
- If your child is not a permanent resident of Australia, you must provide evidence of current visa subclass and previous visa subclass (if applicable, such as if current visa is a bridging visa).
Alternatively, you can contact us on 9366-0990 and we will send you an Application form.
Once your enrolment application has been received, it will be reviewed by the school and you will be notified of the outcome. If your enrolment is approved, you will be asked to complete the enrolment procedures at the school.