The Child and Parent Centre Brookman is based at 34 Brookman Avenue Langford, in the grounds of Brookman Primary School.
Although based on the school site, it is a community resource that will enable local community to access a coordinated range of services for children and their families.
The intention of the Child and Parent Centre is to bring together allied health services, government and non-government agencies, for the purpose of early intervention to ensure children have optimal health and development. The Child and Parent Centres will provide high quality, accessible and integrated universal and targeted programmes and services for children pre-birth to eight years of age and their families. These services and supports aim to increase the capacity of families to provide experiences and home environments that enable children to thrive in all developmental domains and achieve smooth transitions, sustained engagement and success with schooling.
The types of programmes and services that could be provided include, though are not limited to:
- antenatal education and child health checks and referrals
- parenting information and programmes
- allied health services, including speech and occupational therapy
- information sessions on supporting children’s physical, cognitive, language, and social and emotional development
- early learning and development programmes with parental involvement, such as playgroups
- English language classes for parents and children
- prep-for-kindy playgroups
- school holiday programmes
Whilst many activities are held at the Child and Parent Centre, others are held at various locations throughout the community to make it easier for parents to attend. The Child and Parent Centre – Brookman provides its services based on what is needed and wanted within the community, so ideas and feedback from local families is very important.
If you would like additional information, wish to become involved in the Child and Parent Centre community, or have ideas and requests for services, please contact Coordinator, Jo-Anne Barrett on 0448911239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org